Tuesday, December 30, 2008

1

How to show license keys on installed software

  • Tuesday, December 30, 2008
  • ATUL DOGRA
  • Share
  • Well, if this is a scenario that you find yourself often in, I might have a solution for you. But before I begin, I would warn you that the information I am sharing is not something endorsed by bigwigs like Microsoft. So, try it at your own risk, but the risk is worth taking. I was in a quandary and wanted to retrieve the product keys of different software I had installed on my system. Some for a cause while others for information. I searched the net and called up customer service but was told that it was not quite possible. Then I heard about this software. It was called Jelly Bean Key finder which helps you to show license key code of installed software on you computer system .

    This Magical Jelly Bean Key finder is a freeware open source utility that can retrieve your Product license Key used to install Windows from your registry. It allows you to print or save all your license keys for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007 family of products. It also has a community-updated configuration file that retrieves product keys for many other applications. Another feature is the ability to retrieve product keys from unbootable Windows installation.

    Some key features are:

        * Reliability: since it is an open source, it carries no Trojans or spyware.
        * Compatibility with windows XP and Vista.
        * Load hive option which allows u to load the registry hive of another installation.

    The only drawback to this wonderful piece of software design is its incompatibility with windows NT. But, I think all in all it’s a good tool to use and have.

    1 Responses to “How to show license keys on installed software”

    Anonymous said...
    10:32 AM

    Nice dude! Thanks!


    Post a Comment

    Subscribe